Do you have experience in Cargo Claims and want to join our team?
There is an opening for a Property Loss Adjuster.
If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a phenomenal place to build one.
Send your resume to email@example.com
The Property Loss Adjuster is responsible for providing high-level service when processing cargo claims received by Seven Seas Insurance Company.
The process involves investigation, analysis, negotiation, and settlement of the cargo claims.
Qualifications, Education, and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree in insurance or transportation preferred.
- License: 6-20 Accredited Claims Adjuster.
- Minimum 1 year of claims experience desired.
- Experience in insurance industry practices.
- Basic knowledge of logistics and the transportation industry.
- Cargo claim resolution experience is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams, and web-based applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality cargo claims adjustment from inception, through investigation, settlement negotiations, and closure.
- Communicates in writing and verbally with customers, claimants, insurance companies, vendors, attorneys, salvage buyers, and internal departments to resolve claims fairly and promptly.
- Reviews and interprets policy wording to confirm and apply coverage of losses.
- Responsible for the accurate input of claims data in Seven Seas systems.
- Prepares and analyzes claim statistics for loss reporting.
- Identify trends and provide recommendations to prevent and/or mitigate future losses.
- Responsible for the subrogation process from initiation to completion.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Needs to be able to deal with high-pressure situations in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication and listening skills are required.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational and investigative skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to adapt to a hybrid office/remote model on occasion.
- Spanish is helpful but not required.
The statements contained in this publication are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. It is not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions or duties. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.